Should I Hire a Defense Attorney?


There are countless reasons why families end up with financial problems. Unfortunately, sometimes these problems led to people missing mortgage payments. While banks typically allow borrowers to miss a few payments without serious consequences, homeowners should expect a foreclosure action to be filed if such a default is not quickly fixed. With the help of a skilled and experienced foreclosure attorney, borrowers in default can protect themselves by delaying the foreclosure process and working with the bank’s counsel for the purposes of attempting to resolve the foreclosure dispute by entering into a modified mortgage payment with their lenders.

Fight Fire With Fire
If you are a homeowner in foreclosure or at imminent risk of entering into foreclosure you should consider the fact that your mortgage company has or will hire legal representation for the purposes of obtaining a foreclosure judgment against you. Typically, the most effective way to protect yourself from the mortgage company and its legal counsel is for you to obtain your own legal representation. A legal team such as that of Friscia & Associates, LLC, that concentrate on foreclosure defense can provide useful advice on how to proceed with the efforts of keeping your home. When dealing with an issue both as sensitive and important as that of your home, it is worth seriously considering legal assistance. Such representation can free you of the complications and burdens associated with defending yourself from the legal process. Moreover, experienced legal representation can put you in the best position to settle a foreclosure in connection with the modification of your home loan. This is a lot for someone to have to take on their own during their busy lives and schedules. Hiring an attorney is the obvious choice to handle these matters on your behalf.

If you are interested in learning more about foreclosure defense, or if you have any related questions call us today at (973) 500-8024 or (212) 960-8308, or submit your contact information below and we can contact you directly.

Back to Common Questions

Contact by Telephone

(212) 960 - 8308 in New York

(973) 500 - 8024 in New Jersey

- or -

Send us a message